Tour Operators addon Documentation for WooCommerce Booking & Appointment Plugin
- This addon lets you associate Tour operators (users) with each booking product. You can add Tour operators & each one can see only their own booking resources and bookings.
- Tour Operators (users) / staff can create bookable resources & view bookings – relieving the admin’s burden.
- Tour operators act as intermediaries between the end consumer and the providers of tourism services.
- Fully integrated with your Woocommerce store and Woocommerce Booking & Appointment Plugin.
- Customers can add comments related to the booking when making the purchase.
- Setup Tour Operator addon on a product
- Front end
- Tour Operator Login
- Quick Start Guide
- Change Log
- Download the zip file and install it from the Plugins->Add New Page
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin area
- You will find a new tab named “Tour Operators” next to the “Integrations” tab on the admin product page.
Setup Tour Operator addon on a product
Once the addon is installed and activated on your WordPress copy, you will find the above-mentioned tab on every admin product page.
For setting up the addon, the tour operator(user) needs to register himself as a Tour operator. This could be done by adding oneself as a new user having a Role as a Tour Operator.
After registering yourself, you will find your name in the “Select Tour Operator” field under the Tour Operator tab on the admin product page.
Select the Tour operator which you would like to associate the product with. You also have options to make the tour operator visible on the product front end page. Also, you can add a comment box wherein the customer could add some text while adding the product to the cart.
Also, the admin can also see all the registered Tour Operator in one glance from the Booking ->Tour Operator page.
On the admin side, we have selected the tour operator for a product and also have enabled to show the tour operator on the product page also have enabled to show the Comment box on the Product front end page.
When the customer opens the front end product page, he will be able to see the Tour Operator name under which the product belongs. Also, he will be able to see the Comment box.
After entering some text in the Comment box and selecting the date for booking, the product can be displayed on the cart page. The Cart page has the Comment text which was entered on the product page.
On the Checkout page, the booking settings along with the Comment text is displayed.
After the order is placed, the Order Received page has the booking details along with the Comment text.
The Customer email notification received after placing the order will also have the Comment text in the receipt.
The Edit Order page which is accessed by the admin will also have the comment text.
Tour Operator login
When a Tour Operator logs in he will be made available to only view the products under his Tours name. Also, the tour operator is made available to view all the bookings made for the products under his Tour name.
Quick Start Guide
- To get the Tour Operator on the admin product page, always keep the Tour Operator addon active on the plugins page.
- Make sure the Tour operator is registered with the admin as a Tour Operator role.
- This addon is compatible with the WooCommerce Booking and Appointment Plugin and WooCommerce.
- This plugin works with any type of Booking method from the WooCommerce Booking and Appointment plugin.
- If you want the Tour Operator on the Product front end page, make sure you have enabled the “Show Tour Operator” field.
- You could always enable the comment box for any product
- You can always change the tour operator for a product
- You will have to select the tour operator for every product individually