In the last couple of months, a number of e-commerce companies, especially those that focus on fashion, automobile, and travel, are facing a crisis.
This is because consumer focus has shifted towards essential commodities, and the lockdown has caused a breakdown in the delivery system that online retailers rely on. For more information on this, refer to our article, Sink or Swim, that addresses this issue in more detail.
Meanwhile, we at Tyche have also been doing our bit to mitigate the concerns of our customers, our employees as well as the community.
Before that, let me give you a quick recap of how things shaped for us in March 2020.
We saw an increase in the number of pre-sale inquiries that were coming to us, particularly in the form of phone calls to our Marketing Director, David Katzner, who is based in LA. We also handle the occasional pre-sales call within the Indian Time Zone.
All our pre-sale calls have a dual approach; address the customer’s concern first, and then if their requirements can be met via our plugin, then we propose to buy our plugin. At the same time, ensuring them that our plugins are strongly supported by a world-class team.
Back to the main point. We have highlighted some of the action points we took.
Reassuring the Tyche team
We’re aware that job security has come into question during these worrying times. To mitigate that, we took the following steps:
- In March 2020, we processed the salaries earlier. Cash is especially necessary during such times.
- We guaranteed our team that their jobs remain safe. And that we won’t be laying-off anyone due to this crisis. We strongly believe that a company is nothing without its team and this is the least we could do.
- Our company has also been engaging in a fair bit of community work by collaborating with non-profit organizations in terms of providing essentials to the under-privileged in our local community by way of donating 500 masks to a charitable organization.
Extending a helping hand to customers & community
- Upon noticing the increased traffic on our website and pre-sales inquiries for the Order Delivery Date plugin, we opted to slash the plugin price by 50% to ensure that our customers benefit while providing them with the best after-sales support. This move was intended to support the small businesses across the world and also contributing to our community.
- Once we realized that a section of our customers was in trouble, we offered our Booking & Appointment plugin for 50% off & also extended the offer to all customers who couldn’t renew right now.
Despite the lockdown in India, despite the increased volume of work, we have remained responsive to our customer base. Our support team has been working tirelessly to resolve the queries and issues presented to us by our customers, and our customers have been equally patient with us.
What’s the result of these efforts?
We received a lot of positivity from our customers. I am highlighting some of our customer replies:
“Thumbs up for your support! 👍
Not my niche but very nice gesture from you and your team.
Kind regards from Sweden,
“Hello Vishal, this news really touched me at my core because we are going through some of the same. Your help and the help of others is what motivates us all to keep pushing forward. So I would like to personally thank you for the way you handle your business, it speaks very well of yourself as a human being and even better of your team as that culture carries on to those who work for you.
Much appreciate your great efforts through this. You’ve been such a fantastic aid to our business for the past few years and I am really happy I chose you guys over other solutions we were considering at the time.”
“Nice work Vishal – that’s a great thing to offer.”
“Very nice! Stay safe and thanks for being kind to those in need.”
“Great email and great support for your customer base. We are fortunate that our business has continued to maintain through all these community issues and we will not be taking advantage of your offer. But thank you again for helping businesses that are struggling.
By the way, your plugin works great for us”
This motivates us to keep going with our work & also help people who we are serving. Stay safe.