A fun work environment, competitive salary, flexible work schedules…sounds like a good job for you? Then read on. There are vacancies for a technical writer, a PHP Engineer/WordPress Developer and a Support Engineer. We are based in Mumbai, India, but candidates will be considered regardless of location.
We, Tyche Softwares, are authors of some of the most popular plugins for WooCommerce, which include the Abandoned Cart Pro plugin, the Order Delivery Date plugin, the Booking & Appointment plugin and eight more, and are collectively used by over 100,000 customers. There’s obviously a lot more but we’ll get to it later. First up, the job descriptions:
You’ll be required to:
- Ideate on topics for technical posts such as these
- Write and publish two-three such posts per week
- Coordinate with the content team to create and maintain a continuous flow of original, engaging and useful content
- If needed, contribute to the creation of documentation and help with general research
PHP Engineer/WordPress Developer
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 1 year of experience working with PHP, preferably with an experience in WordPress development
- Has, at the very least, a thorough understanding of the WordPress environment, including APIs, database, plugins, theme development, customs fields, among others
- Is experienced with MySQL, including the use of efficient SQL commands
- Can use Git to manage source code
Of course, this is not a finite list. We are constantly trying to learn new things, better our products, introduce new products and increase our tech expertise. Apply if you think you can live up to the challenges.
Tyche Softwares is especially known for its prompt, polite and useful support, and coming on board as support engineer will mean taking care of that reputation. Part of your tasks will include:
- To provide impeccable customer service, and be a part of the Support Ninja crew at Tyche
- To communicate articulately and patiently, both while writing and speaking to our customers
- Consciously and pro actively making sure that your interactions with the customers bring new ideas to the table based on patterns in grievances and feedback
- Learn how to manage the wide variety of tickets and customer issues that come your way
Regardless of the post you are applying to, there are some things all our employees share, which makes us what we are. These include attention to detail, a hunger to learn new things, a belief in the team-spirit while retaining your individuality, and an overall friendly and fun-loving temperament. We seek out such individuals who may hum a song while coding, take a mid-day break to read something, or simply barge into my cabin to discuss an idea!
Which brings us to:
The Office and the Culture
We create amazing, useful and overall beautiful plugins for WooCommerce (yes, we are nerds who will use the word ‘beautiful’ for software and are proud about it!). However, if you think you will be working with a drab team, a dull office or an overall lethargic environment, think again. Days at Tyche are as fun as they are filled with some learning or another.
From long lunches to fortnightly book reading clubs and attending WordCamps as a team, from celebrating festivals with office games like Secret Santa to making use of online courses, there is always something happening. If it’s not that, then it’s a dart competition, or an impromptu tea party.
Here are a few pictures from trips and events past:
More than one team-member has claimed that the fun-loving, friendly and ever-smiling team is the true strength of Tyche. Check out their testimonials here.
Job Specs for all roles
Salary: As per industry standards
Our office is: Flat no. 20, 3rd Floor, Shakuntala Niwas, Sheth Gopalji Hemraj High School Marg, Borivali East, Mumbai 400066. However, you can also chose to work remotely.
To Apply: Click the button below, fill out your form and upload your resume.
We will schedule an interview either over a video call or in person, depending on your availability, after we have processed your application.
A little more about us
We like WordPress and WooCommerce. A lot. We have built six plugins for the latter, which includes the Abandoned Cart Pro, the Booking & Appointment plugin, the Order Delivery and Product Delivery Date plugin and the Deposits plugin, since we began in January 2012. In October 2018, we acquired five more.
When we are not working on making business easier for customers across the globe (literally. We have customers from the US, UK, Europe, India, Australia), we are busy speaking at and sponsoring WordCamps in the country.
A lot of us work remotely, and use Slack and Asana to communicate with each other and keep track of our tasks. You will find that company policy related to timings, leaves etc is flexible and lenient, within limits.
Know more on the other side of the application!