As you might be aware, we have been in the process of releasing a major update to the Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce.
The expected release date was set to July 24, 2017. However, a few bugs were discovered in the last phase of testing and hence the release was delayed.
We have released the update today on July 26, 2017. Below is a brief list of changes encompassed in the update.
- Revamped the Fixed Blocks and Price Ranges tabs in the Booking Settings.
- The settings available in both the tabs have been reallocated to a new tab Block Pricing.
- Until now, the pricing settings were stored in custom plugin tables. All the pricing settings have now been moved to the post meta table.
- Modified the plugin to use templates for the booking div.
- Added the ability to modify the booking details on Cart and Checkout pages.
- Added the ability for customers to reschedule bookings.
- The admin can decide whether rescheduling should be allowed and if yes up to how many days in advance of the booking.
- Completely refurbished the way manual bookings are created.
- New orders containing bookable items can now be created using the Booking->Create Booking page.
- Bookable items can now be added to existing orders using the same.
- Booking details for an existing order can now be directly edited using the Edit Booking link in WooCommerce->Orders.
The details to the above mentioned features can be found in our earlier blog post.
Please test this update on a staging site if you can and take a site backup for your peace of mind.
I would also like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to a few people.
First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vishal for his vision, guidance and patience during the entire process.
Next is the entire plugin development team (Dhruvin, Pinal, Kartik) as well as the testing team (Apeksha). A big thank you to Priyanka and Shruti as well for handling the support efficiently during this time.
As always your feedback is of immense value to us. Please let us know how you like the changes and what more do you wish to see in the upcoming releases of the plugin here.