Release Date: September 25 2012
This plugin will allow the customer to choose an order delivery date on the checkout page. The delivery date will be visible to the site administrator while viewing the order.
The customer can choose any delivery date that is after the current date. The delivery date chosen by the customer will be visible to the site administrator while viewing the order under the “Additional Checkout Fields” section.
Order Delivery Date settings in the Admin panel allow the site administrator to have control over aspects like setting the order delivery week days, minimum delivery time (in days) and number of dates to offer to the user to choose from. The settings are explained below.
- Delivery Days: Select the week days when the delivery of items takes place. For example, if you deliver only on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, then select only those days here. The remaining days will not be available for selection to the customer.
- Minimum Delivery time (in days): Enter the minimum number of days it takes for you to deliver an order. For example, if it takes 2 days atleast to ship an order, enter 2 here. The customer can select a date that is available only after the minimum days that are entered here.
- Number of dates to choose: Based on the above 2 settings, you can decide how many dates should be made available to the customer to choose from. For example, if you enter 10, then 10 different dates will be made available to the customer to choose.
This plugin allows you to improve your customer service by delivering the order on the customer’s specified date.
WP e-Commerce Compatibility
- WP e-Commerce 3.7 ready.
- WP e-Commerce 3.8 ready.
You just need to activate this plugin & the delivery date field will appear on the checkout form. Deactivating the plugin will hide the field from the checkout form as well as from the admin order page.
- Can the customer enter the preferred order delivery time?
Currently there is no provision for entering the delivery time. This is planned in future release.
- Added order delivery settings that allows the site owner to have better control over the dates that will be displayed to the customer. Settings include available order delivery days, minimum days required for order processing and number of dates to show to the customer to choose.
To get the latest version of your plugin, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address & plugin name. The updated version of the plugin will be emailed to you upon verification. The plugin update process will be automated very soon.
You can request support from the Contact page.