WooCommerce Order Delivery Date Plugin Documentation
The WooCommerce Order Delivery Date Plugin helps you to capture the Delivery Date and Delivery Time for an order on the checkout page. It can be used to capture only date or only time or date/time both.
Order delivery settings allow the site owner to decide which dates should be made available for delivery. The delivery date & time will be visible to the site administrator while viewing the order.
- Setup Only Delivery Date
- Setup Delivery Date and Time
- Setup Same Day and Next day Delivery
- Setup Specific Delivery Dates
- Setup Date Lockout, Mandatory field
- Setup Holidays / Exclude Days / Blackout Day
- Appearance Settings (Date Format, Language, Theme etc.)
- Setup Time Slot
- Integration with Other Plugins
- Delivery Calendar
- Settings by Shipping Methods
- Enable / Disable Delivery Dates for Product Categories
- Orders Page
- Quick Start Guide
- Download the zip file and install it from the Plugins->Add New Page
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress admin area
- Go to Order Delivery Date to create the delivery settings.
Note: Please click on the image for an enlarged view of the screen.
Back to Top
Setup Only Delivery Date
If you want only the Delivery Date for the order to be selected, please follow the settings as shown below. The Enable Delivery Date checkbox should be enabled along with Delivery Days and the delivery charges along with other settings in the Date Settings tab. If you wish to not charge any delivery charge for any particular day, then put the value as 0. To setup recurring weekdays, for example if you want Monday, Thursday and Friday to be enabled, please check only those checkboxes and leave the rest unchecked.
Please do not select Enable Delivery Time Capture checkbox in the Time Settings tab.
Setup Delivery Date and Time
If you want the Delivery Date and Time for the order to be selected, please follow the settings as shown. The Enable Delivery Date checkbox should be enabled along with Delivery Days and other settings in the Date Settings tab. To setup recurring weekdays, for example if you want Monday, Thursday and Friday to be enabled, please check only those checkboxes and leave the rest unchecked.
Please select the Enable Delivery Time Capture checkbox. The Delivery From Hours and To Hours need to be set. The time format in which the time should be displayed on the Checkout Page calendar can be set as well.
Setup Same Day and Next Day Delivery
Same Day Delivery and Next Day Delivery can be enabled using the settings in Order Delivery Date – Time Settings. Customers shall be able to place orders for same day delivery and next day delivery till the cut-off time is reached. You can now add an additional delivery charges for same day delivery and next day delivery.
Setup Specific Delivery Dates
Specific Delivery Dates can be setup as shown below. However when specific delivery dates are enabled, the recurring weekdays get disabled automatically. Specific Delivery Dates can be deleted by clicking on the Delete link in the Delivery Dates list. Specific Delivery dates can be disabled by unchecking the Disable Weekdays and Enable Specific Delivery Dates checkbox.
Now you can also assign an additional delivery charges to every specific delivery date.
Setup Date Lockout, Mandatory field
Maximum number of deliveries per day can be set from the “Lockout date after X orders” field. The date in the delivery date calendar will not be available for selection once the maximum orders set in this field is reached for that date.
You can make choosing a delivery date compulsory for your customers by selecting the “Mandatory field” option.
Setup Holidays / Exclude Days / Blackout Days
You can add holidays or exclude days or blackout certain dates from your delivery calendar. Holidays can be added for a single date or for a range of dates. You can set the start date and the end date in their respective fields. Holidays can be setup as shown below. Holidays can be deleted by clicking on the Delete link in the Holidays List.
Appearance Settings (Date Format, Language, Theme etc.)
These settings are available in the Order Delivery Date->Appearance Tab. You can set the following here.
- The calendar language from one of 62 available languages.
- Date format for your calendar.
- The first day of week displayed on the Delivery Date calendar.
- The delivery date field label on the checkout page.
- The delivery date field note on the checkout page.
- Number of months to be shown in the calendar at one time.
- Position of the delivery date field on the checkout page.
- Hide the delivery date field on the checkout page if an order is getting placed for a Virtual type of product.
- Choose the theme for your calendar from 24 available themes
Setup Time Slot
There are some global settings available for time slots which will be applied to all the time slots. The image below lists them.
You can make time slots too, these help in a fixed delivery time range. You can set up the Time Slot tab from the below image. Time Slot could be used along with Time settings also.
Integration with other plugins
We have integrated our plugin with a few other plugins as mentioned below:
- WooCommerce Customer/ Order CSV Export
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- WooCommerce Print Invoice & Delivery Note
- WooCommerce Print orders
- WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin
- Zapier plugin
- WooCommerce Print Orders plugin and WooCommerce Print Invoices and Delivery note plugin.
- WooCommerce Poor Guys Swiss Knife plugin
- WooCommerce Checkout field editor Plugin
- WooCommerce Checkout Manager Plugin
- WooCommerce Print Invoices & Packing lists Plugin
- WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin
Below is the image for the settings available for the integrated plugins in our plugin. You can find these settings under Date Settings tab.
Settings by Shipping methods
A new feature called Settings by Shipping method has been introduced in plugin’s version 3.0. This feature will let you set different delivery settings for different shipping methods. You can read more about this feature in this blog post.
Below is the image displaying how different delivery date/time settings can be set for different shipping method.
We have added a calendar which will display all the deliveries in a calendar view. You can find this calendar in the WordPress Dashboard-> Order Delivery Date-> Delivery Calendar menu. Here each order is listed as an event and you can view the order detail by selecting each event. A popup box will display the order detail when you select the event. The order list can be viewed in 3 ranges: Daily, Weekly, Monthly. In the Weekly and Daily view the orders with time settings/ time slot will be listed in its respective slot as per the time setting or time slot selected for delivery.
The orders placed from the front end will be displayed on the WooCommerce-> Orders page. The delivery date and/or time selected when placing the order will be displayed in an additional column on this page which is sort-able. You can also sort the orders by Delivery date column.
The delivery date and/or time setting will all be displayed in the Edit Order page in the Order details meta box.
Quick Start Guide
- To ensure that the Delivery date field is visible on the checkout page, please make sure that the Enable Delivery Date checkbox is checked.
- In a scenario where recurring weekdays are to be enabled for delivery, please select the respective weekdays checkbox in the settings.
- In a scenario where specific delivery dates are to be enabled for delivery, please add the respective dates in the Delivery Dates tab and select the Disable Weekdays and Enable Specific Delivery Dates chekbox.
- To ensure that the Delivery Date field is mandatory on the checkout page, please select the Mandatory field checkbox in the settings.