- View more...
On average, nearly 70% of all online shopping carts are abandoned (according to comScore). That's huge money being lost. Recovering and closing the sales on abandoned orders is critical to increasing your bottom line. (Infographic)
The Abandoned Cart plugin allows you to recover orders that were just a step away from closing. It enables you to create automatic & well-timed email reminders to be sent to your customers who have added your products to their cart, but did not complete the order. As a result, with this plugin you will start recovering at least 30% or more of your lost sales. Why let this 30% revenue go unclaimed?
The Abandoned Cart plugin allows you to personalize every email that is sent out by using custom variables like Customer Name, Cart Information, Cart abandoned date, Coupon codes, Checkout page link, Cart page link
& many more.
The Abandoned Cart plugin also enables the admin to keep a track of the emails sent to the customers and giving the Admin different statistics about the emails sent like number of emails opened, number of links clicked from email etc.
Abandoned Cart plugin enables Customers to:
Abandoned Cart plugin enables Admin to:
- Recover their abandoned carts in a single click
- Automatically logs in registered customers
- Tracks carts of guest users too - v2.0
- Identify the Abandoned Orders information, including the products that were abandoned
- Track abandoned carts of guest users & guest user information like First Name, Last Name, Email Address - v2.0
- Create unlimited email templates to be sent at intervals that you set
- Add custom variables like Customer Name, Product Information, Coupons, etc. in the email template
- Embed Woocommerce coupons in the emails being sent to customers
- Copy HTML from anywhere & create templates using the powerful Rich Text Editor
- Track whether expired coupons are causing cart abandonment
- You are notified by email when an order is recovered
- Track abandoned orders value v/s recovered orders value
- Track emails sent, emails opened, links clicked for each template/email
- Automatically stops email notifications when a customer makes a purchase or uses the cart recovery link
- Woocommerce 2.2 & above
- Wordpress 4.0 & above
- v 2.3.5 - This version has some default settings introduced when the plugin is installed for the 1st time. Few other bugs too are fixed.
- v 2.3.4 - This version has 3 fixes included.
- Fixed a bug where users were able to login as another user by changing the user id in the URL. So, the URLs are now encoded to fix the same.
- Refined the code to prevent sql injections.
- The reminder emails have now been modified to display the product prices including taxes.
- v 2.3.3 - This version has 4 fixes included.
- Fixed the issue where guest carts where shown empty when accessed through reminder emails.
- This version is compatible with Woocommerce 2.2.x.
- This version is compatible with Wp-mandrill plugin.
- The product Images and product titles are now clickable and redirect to the product page.
- v 2.3.2 - This version has 4 fixes included.
- The image links were not being converted properly and resulted in broken images being sent in the reminder emails.
- Abandon Cart record was not being deleted for users, when they do not reach the order received page.
- Abandon Cart record remains for guest users who have created an account on the checkout page.
- The Abandon Cart plugin is now compatible with Woocommerce 2.1.x versions.
- v 2.3.1 - This version provides you with a license key after updating to this version, which will need to be activated after which further updates would be available for you.
- View Full Change Log
Simply activate the plugin & enter the settings as per your specifications and requirements. Once this is done, the plugin will start storing abandoned carts & sending email notifications to your customers about it.
Email Sending Setup
Abandoned Cart Plugin relies on a function called WP-Cron, and this function only runs when there is a page requested. So, if there are no visits to your website, then the scheduled jobs are not run.
In a perfect world, scheduling perfectly timed events to run at specified intervals is what should occur, but WP-Cron is not the same as the Unix cron scheduler. The key distinction lies in how it is run; unlike a background process, WP-Cron kicks in every time a visitor opens your WordPress-powered site. As such, it will remain imprecise in terms of timing the sending of your abandoned email notifications.
For the Abandoned Cart Plugin, this can cause a “problem” for you. If you have a schedule of emails to be sent, and no visits are made to your website, the queue will not be processed, and no abandoned cart notification emails will be sent. But, there are solutions.
This is the best set of instructions for fixing this, and making it more "perfectly timed."
Create Cron Jobs
Alternatively, you could try: WP-Cron Control
You need to schedule the following script present in the plugin folder so emails are sent out: "woocommerce-abandon-cart-pro/cron/send_email.php"
Once purchased, to update the plugin to the latest version, please go to your WordPress Plugins page. As & when a new update is available, a notification will be visible just below the plugin description block. If you face any issues while updating the plugin, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name, email address & plugin name.
- Review by Beka Rice, sellwithwp.com (Read full review here)
I expected the plugin to require more setup than it did, so I was pleasantly surprised when I just had to configure a handful of settings and set up emails, then I was up and running. The ability to insert merge tags and offer coupons within recovery emails is very handy, and can be used to help you overcome the most common barriers to purchasing that customers face.
The ability to track sent emails, see which templates converted, and view all recovered sales in terms of orders numbers and total value is very useful, and it’s motivating to see sales that you’d probably otherwise lose.
- Review by Oliver Dale, wplift.com (Read full review here)
Whether you are an online store owner, or are building this type of website for a client, being able to add this feature to the store is a great way to increase sales and boost profits. With close to 70% of all online shopping carts being abandoned before the customer completes the sale, you can’t really afford not to install this plugin.
With its easy to use interface and practical set of features, the Abandon Cart Pro add-on for WooCommerce comes highly recommended.
- Review by Chris Lema, chrislema.com (Read full review here)
It sets itself apart as giving you an unlimited number of email templates you can use. That’s pretty helpful when you’re trying to interact with distinctly different target markets.
And it does some nice reporting – comparing recovered sales (from carts) to abandoned carts – which everyone wants but doesn’t ever get around to coding. Now you don’t have to wait.
- Review by Joe Fylan, wpmayor.com (Read full review here)
Close to 70% of shopping carts on average are abandoned before checkout. Around 50% of shoppers who walk away state the cost of shipping as the reason for doing so. Using this plugin to automatically send an email to anyone who abandons their cart and offering them a free shipping discount coupon, is an ideal way to remove this barrier standing in the way of them making a purchase. In fact, the benefits of being able to add this functionality to an eCommerce store was recently covered by Chris Lema in a recent blog post, who gave a nod to the developers of this particular plugin, as well as some great tips on implementing an approach such as this.
Putting this plugin to work on your site is a quick and easy way to start increasing your revenue. The plugin sales page claims that 30% of lost sales can be recovered automatically by using this plugin.
Like other WooCommerce plugins from Tyche Softwares, the Abandon Cart Pro plugin adds a very useful feature to your eCommerce store, in a way that is easy to setup and begin using, while also having plenty of settings and options to configure it.
The high likelihood that this functionality will increase revenue makes this an essential feature to add to any online store. Thanks to its relatively low price tag and ease of use, the WooCommerce Abandon Cart Pro plugin is an ideal choice for solving some of the issues surrounding abandoned shopping carts.