Plugin Version: 2.4
Last Updated Date: September 11 2013
This plugin will allow the customer to choose a delivery date & time on the checkout page. Order delivery settings allow the site owner to decide which dates should be made available for delivery. The delivery date & time will be visible to the site administrator while viewing the order.
NEW: From v2.4, you can now allow customers to choose a delivery time slot along with a delivery date. The admin can choose between allowing customers to select exact delivery time or select a time slot.
Sites using the Order Delivery Date Plugin
- View full list here
The customer can choose any delivery date that is after the current date. The delivery date chosen by the customer will be visible to the site administrator while viewing the order under the "Additional Checkout Fields" section.
NEW: With the version 2.4, admin can add time slots from the settings page & allow the customers to choose a time slot. The admin can choose between allowing customers to select exact delivery time or select a time slot. Admin can also select if the Time slot field is mandatory. Along with that, admin can limit the maximum number of deliveries per time slot.
The delivery date calendar can be displayed in 62 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES on the checkout page. In addition to that, v 2.3 contains 5 new date formats.
In addition to the above, the plugin now includes the automatic updater. So all future updates from the v 2.3 onwards can be automatically pulled from the 'Plugins' page as & when they are available.
You can now schedule delivery dates for gifts, allowing them to be delivered at a certain date in the future. This should make holiday and birthday shopping super easy for your customers.
This plugin can also be used to enable only selected delivery dates instead of weekdays. Many businesses deliver on selected delivery dates only & not on recurring weekdays. The "Delivery Dates" section enables them to add the dates which they deliver on. Enabling the "Delivery Dates" option automatically disables the weekdays.
This plugin can also be used as a Booking Calendar on the checkout page. A new setting in the latest version allows you to set maximum bookings or appointments that you want to conduct in 1 day. The customizable field label & note will infact enable you to use this plugin to capture any future dates, for example, booking date, pickup date, delivery date, etc.
This plugin enables Customers to:
- Select convenient delivery date
- Select appropriate delivery time
- Book appointments
- Choose a time slot for delivery - v 2.4
This plugin enables Admin to:
- Allow the customer to select Delivery Time along with Delivery Date
- Same-day & Next-day delivery with cut-off time
- Limit number of deliveries per time slot - v 2.4
- Specify the time range available for delivery
- Set minimal interval between the order and delivery date
- Add holidays or black-out dates to the calendar
- Option to show Delivery Date in Customer Notification Email
- See delivery date & time entered by Customer in the order
- Choose from 24 different themes for the calendar
- Choose the convenient date format
- Customize field label, field note text
- Capture only delivery date or only delivery time or both
- Show 2 months in calendar
- Set maximum deliveries / appointments / bookings for a day - Version 2.1
- Can also be used by site owners to have customers select in-store pickup date for web orders
- Set Specific Delivery Dates for delivery instead of Weekdays
- Send Delivery Date in Admin Notification emails
- Show Calendar in one of 62 languages
- Deliver your orders on-time
- Use this plugin as a Booking calendar
- Woocommerce 2.0 & above, 1.6, 1.5 ready
- Review by Joe Fylan, WPMayor.com (Read full review here)
Verdict: To the end user this will seem like a simple feature to implement on your store, but for the admin user there are plenty of settings and features with this plugin that allow you to customise the options available to customers to match the delivery service you can provide. Overall, if you want to allow customers to choose a delivery date when checking out of your WooCommerce store, this is one of the few options available and it does what it does very well.
You just need to activate this plugin & the delivery date field will appear on the checkout form. Deactivating the plugin will hide the field from the checkout form as well as from the admin order page.
- Can the customer enter the preferred order delivery time?
Yes. The customer can select either a specific delivery time or choose a time slot, as set by the admin.
- Is the order delivery date field mandatory on checkout page?
It can be made optional or mandatory from the admin settings.
- Ability to allow admin to add time slots
- Admin can allow customers to choose either time slot or exact delivery time
- Help tips have a consistent look like default WooCommerce tips
- Ability to choose 62 different languages in delivery calendar
- 5 new date formats added
- Feature: Added Specific Delivery Dates feature
- Feature: Delivery date in Admin notification email & on Order Received page.
- Bug: Delivery date not appearing in Customer notification email. This has been fixed in 2.2
- Added the setting "Lockout date after X orders:"
- Updated the datepicker code to work with the Abundance theme & Bellissima theme.
To get the latest version of your plugin, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address & plugin name. The updated version of the plugin will be emailed to you upon verification. The plugin update process will be automated very soon.
- Ability to choose delivery / appointment timeslot from the checkout page - done
- Separate delivery / appointment time range for all 7 days
You can request support from the Contact page.