Release Date: March 15 2018
This addon for the Order Delivery Date Pro Plugin for WooCommerce allows choosing a Delivery Date & Time as per the renewal period set for subscription products from the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin.
- This addon will work only with the Order Delivery Date Pro for WooCommerce Plugin & WooCommerce Subscriptions Plugin installed and active.
|Frontend Demo||Admin Demo||Documentation||Forums|
- The addon allows you select delivery date based on the renewal period for the renewal orders on the checkout for manual renewals.
- Delivery Date & Time will be automatically updated for the renewal orders if the automatic renewals are enabled
- Fully integrated with your Order Delivery Date Pro for WooCommerce Plugin
- Works with WooCommerce Subscriptions Plugin
This addon to the Order Delivery Date Pro for WooCommerce will enhance your store by allowing customers to choose the delivery date & time based on the subscription period set for the products. Delivery Dates will be available in the checkout calendar based on the subscription period set. It could be daily, weekly, monthly or annually.
Compatibility & Changelog
Order Delivery Date Pro: v7.1 & above.
WooCommerce: v3.1.2 & above.
Changelog for 1.2(Release: March 15 2018)
Note: Please update the Order Delivery Date Pro for WooCommerce plugin to the latest version 7.6.1 to make the latest version of addon work smoothly.
There is 1 enhancement and some bug fixes in this update which are mentioned below:
A new checkbox “Enable delivery schedules as per the Subscription period” is added. This checkbox will be a primary checkbox for the feature where compatibility with the WooCommerce Subscription plugin will be considered.
1. Delivery Date & Time was not updated as per the subscription period set for the Variable subscription products. This is fixed now.
2. Time is being added along with the delivery date in the renewal orders even if the Time sliders are disabled. This is fixed now.
3. Delivery days were not shown as per the subscription period set on the calendar for the variable subscription products when the “Allow customers to choose Delivery Date & Time for subscription orders as per the subscription period set for the product ” checkbox is checked. This is fixed now.
Changelog for v1.1(Release: September 19 2017)
There are some new features and some bug fixes in this update which are mentioned below:
1. Subscription order’s Delivery date and time can now be edited by the customers on the My Accounts -> Subscriptions page on the frontend.
An Edit link is added next to the Delivery date on the My Account -> Subscriptions View page. When this link is clicked it will display the Delivery Date and Time fields.
The edit link will be shown only when the ‘Allow Customers to edit Delivery Date & Time’ checkbox is enabled under General Settings->Additional Settings tab.
2. A new checkbox is added to Enable update of the ‘Next Payment date’ according to the selected Delivery Date of an order and based on Minimum Delivery time(in hours) set. This setting will be available only if the ‘WooCommerce Subscriptions’ checkbox is enabled under General Settings -> Additional settings link.
When this checkbox is enabled, the Next Payment date under the WooCommerce->Subscriptions->Edit->Billing Schedule box can be updated based on the selected Delivery Date and the Minimum Delivery time(in hours) set.
1. Delivery Date was not updated for the renewal orders with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin version 2.2.x. This is fixed now.
2. Delivery Date was not updated for the renewal orders with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin version 2.2.x and WooCommerce version <3.0.0. This is fixed now.
3. Delivery Date was not updated for the renewal orders when the WooCommerce Subscribe All the Things plugin version (>1.1.2) is installed. This is fixed now.
4. A fatal error was shown on the admin Subscriptions page when the ‘Process renewal’ action was selected from the Subscription actions dropdown. This is fixed now.
5. Renewal order’s delivery date is not updated accordingly when the subscription order is suspended for a while and then it is again resubscribed after some period. This is fixed now.
6. Time slot field was added in the Custom field to the renewal order if the parent order does have only the date and no time slot. This is fixed now.
7. Warnings added in the debug.log files are fixed.