Plugin Version: 1.6
Release Date: October 30 2013
This plugin lets you capture the Booking Date & Booking Time for each product thereby allowing your WooCommerce store to effectively function as a Booking & Appointment system.
This is the first booking plugin that is "fully integrated" with WooCommerce. You can use it to create and manage all kinds of bookable products: hotel bookings, accommodations, tickets, tours, attendances, all kinds of scheduled services, rentals, workshops, lectures, appointments, etc.
NEW: From v1.6, prevent time slots (across all products) from being booked twice, Enable Inline calendars that will be always visible on the product page, Edit Booking Labels from Admin.
Video (does not include v1.1 changes, see demo for latest version)
Sites using the Booking Plugin
The WooCommerce Booking Plugin allows you to turn your WooCommerce store into a full-fledged Booking & Reservation system. It can be used for any online bookable service or product. This plugin creates a new block named "Booking" on each product page in your store. You can add a service which is bookable such as a tour then enable it's booking from this tab.
Some quick math… say you charge $40 per hour. Then 2 hours of your time is worth $80. So, this plugin only needs to save you 2 hours to pay for a Single Store License!
The plugin includes a multi-lingual booking calendar which can be displayed in 62 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES on the product page.
You can configure the following in this section for your bookable services:
- Set hotel booking, accommodation, apartment rental type of services
- Set Recurring Weekdays or Specific Dates or both as Booking days
- Add different Time Slots for different booking days
- Add maximum number of bookings permissible per time slot
- Add maximum number of bookings permissible per day
- Set minimal interval between the order & booking date
- Integrates easily with Variable Products of WooCommerce
- Add global & product-specific holidays / blackout days / Exclude days
- Show Booking Calendar in one of 62 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
- Show Booking Details in the Customer & Admin notification emails
- Option to capture only Booking Date if you are not using Time-based services
- View all bookings on a single page
- Search product availability using a widget by entering check-in & check-out dates - v 1.5
- Export bookings to csv, pdf, excel formats
- Sync bookings with external calendar applications with the help of ICS files
- Ability to turn on / off booking for selected products
- Show multiple months in calendar
- Easily change the booking field labels and availability messages to be shown to customers on your website
- Choose from 24 different themes for the booking calendar
- Booking date & time is displayed in Order details page
- Choose the convenient date format
- Choose the convenient time format - 12/24 hour
- Gift items to your loved ones. You can add products to cart without choosing a booking date or time.
- When an order is "Cancelled", the dates & timeslots that were booked for that order will be available for making further bookings.
This plugin allows your website visitors to do the following:
- Select a Booking Date and / or a Time Slot based on the availability
- Allows visitors to "Add to Cart" only when the Booking Date and / or Time slot is chosen
- Allows visitors to view the booking details at every step of the WooCommerce cycle like the cart page, checkout page, order received page, notification email, etc.
- Booked period is shown as unavailable for reserving even without being checked out
- "Real time" availability checking done at checkout page in case of multiple visitors trying to book the same service that has space only for 1
- Check the reserved period in the received invoice
Business which can use the plugin:
- Alt. Medicine
- Personal Trainers
- Financial Services
- and more…
- Hair Salons
- Massage Therapy
- Law Firms
- Hotel Bookings
- Apartment Rentals
- Bed and breakfasts / Lodging
- Small Resorts
- Villa Reservation
- Photo booth hire
- Your Booking Process is FULLY INTEGRATED with WooCommerce
- Take advantage of over one hundred payment gateways already available with WooCommerce
- Works with WooCommerce Variations
- Avoid overbooking & underbooking automatically, without any manual intervention.
- Easily calculate the precise count at all times of the number of bookings for any particular date / time slot
- Reduces the manual work of availability checking for a date or time slot once an order is placed, thereby avoiding unhappy customers
- Flexible booking/reservation options to suit different businesses
- Flexible Global & Product Specific "exclude days" rules: Similar to 'blackout' days with airlines, prevent bookings / reservations for certain dates
- Set available times for bookings and reservations with the help of Time Slots, e.g. reservations can be made only from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Specify date and time period of product availability, making this plugin useful for products that are available for limited time periods such as a particular play or movie
- Allow multiple reservations for the same time based on available quantity of the bookable product: for example, a car wash with 3 boxes could allow 3 reservations in the same time slot
- Woocommerce 2.0 & above
- Review by Craig Grella, OrgSpring.com (Read full review here)
Verdict: There are several entries into the event booking space, with only a few real standouts. Most of the plugins try to be everything to everyone, and, in my opinion, fail miserably because of being spread too thin. Their options panels are too complicated, help documentation is nearly non-existent, and integrations with 3rd party plugins are inconsistent at best. But the WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments Plugin is easy to use, easy to configure, and it works very well. Perhaps its best feature is its simplicity, and focus on pure bookings.
- Review by Jean Galea, Wpmayor.com (Read full review here)
Verdict: Bookings and Appointments are possibly one of the biggest niche uses of WordPress, and till now there hasn’t been one single leader in this niche. Although this plugin is very young, it has started off on the right footing, has a knowledgeable developer behind it, and is making the right choice by basing itself on one of the top e-commerce systems out there, WooCommerce.
I highly recommend this plugin if you want to enable booking for any kind of service or product from your website. It’s ideal for anyone from hair salons to lawyers to vacation rentals, and we can finally say that there now is a reliable and well-backed booking system for WordPress.
- v 1.6 - 4 new features added, 4 bugs fixed. Prevent time slots from being booked twice, Inline calendars & much more.
- v 1.5 - 1 new feature added. The plugin now provides a widget that will allow customers to search all the products based on check-in & check-out dates.
- v 1.4 - 6 new features added. View bookings on a single page, export to csv, pdf, excel. Additionally, sync your bookings with external calendars like Outlook, Google Calendar, iCal, etc. with the help of ICS files.
You just need to activate this plugin & the "Booking" block will appear on the product pages of your WooCommerce store. You can see the global settings on the "WooCommerce -> Booking Settings" page. Deactivating the plugin will hide the "Booking" block & the global settings page.
- Can I use the plugin for a service like booking hotel rooms?
Yes. From v1.1, the plugin can be used for booking services like hotel rooms, accommodations, etc. You can enable it by selecting "Allow multiple day booking" option in the "Booking Options" on the product page.
- Can I change the labels e.g. I want to change 'Booking Date' to 'Check-in Date'?
Yes. The labels can be changed from the 'lang.php' file. The labels used on different pages like the product page, cart page, checkout page, email notification, etc. can be changed from this file.
Once purchased, to update the plugin to the latest version, please go to your WordPress Plugins page. As & when a new update is available, a notification will be visible just below the plugin description block. If you face any issues while updating the plugin, please drop an email to email@example.com with your name, email address & plugin name.
- Make calendar field readonly to avoid keyboard popup on mobile devices - v1.2 - done & released
- Allow to purchase services without choosing booking date (as a gift) - v1.2 - done & released
- Ability to choose multiple time slots - v1.3
- Ability to add range of Holidays instead of individual dates
- Craig Grella
- Jacopo Alabiso
You can request support from the Contact page.