You might be sending reminders about abandoned carts via emails using our Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce and, recently you can even send reminders using SMS. Have you ever thought of sending reminders via messaging apps like Facebook Messenger? Over 3 billion people use messaging apps on a regular basis to communicate with friends and businesses. Also messaging is the most preferred channel for customer service in the U.S. Considering this have you considered using Facebook Messenger to recover your lost revenue?
Before we proceed towards how to achieve recovery using Facebook Messenger here are some mindblowing stats that will lure you towards messenger recovery.
- Facebook Messenger has 1.3 billion users. Yes, billion. That is more users than Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram combined. Messenger is where your customers are communicating.
- Messenger adds 100 million new users every five to six months. Facebook Messenger hit 1 billion users in July 2016, 1.2 billion in April 2017, and 1.3 billion in September this year.
- Users have 7 billion conversations on Messenger every day. That is over 2.5 trillion conversations every year.
- 260 million new conversations are started daily. These are not just new threads between people, but between people and businesses too. This number will only grow.
- Over 2 billion messages are sent each month between people and businesses. If you think Messenger is only for people and not brands, you are wrong.
Aren’t these stats and figures mindblowing? Considering this we are coming up with another recovery method in the form of Facebook Messenger.
Facebook Messenger integration
We shall be adding a checkbox for user consent below the Add to cart button to allow the plugin to send updates on messenger directly. The end result will be similar to the one shown below:
To illustrate, consider the user has given consent to send information on messenger and abandons a cart. Since the user has given consent, Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce will send reminder notifications on Facebook Messenger similar to one shown below:
We shall be integrating Facebook Messenger along with a few improvements in version 7.10.0 of Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce which is eventually planned for release around the first week of August.
Update: Here is a preview of adding Facebook Messenger cart recovery templates.
Do get back to us along with any questions or suggestions and we shall be more happy to include those features and serve you.