Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Booking & Appointment Plugin:
- I just purchased the plugin but I am unable to find the License key. Where can I find one?
You can find your license key in an email sent to the email account that you used while purchasing. If you don’t find an email in your Inbox folder, please check your spam folder. Alternately, you can login & go to your
Purchase History pagefor downloading the latest version of your plugins as well as viewing the license key for your plugins.
- How do I see all the bookings done?
All the Bookings done having the “Enable Booking” enabled will be available in the left panel on the admin side under Booking>View Bookings. Additionally, orders which are cancelled will be deleted from the All Bookings and rest tables.
- How do I configure the plugin for WordPress multisite?
You have to just upload the plugin and in network settings, check the option to enable plugin management, and then from each individual site you need to activate it. Please do not activate the plguin from “Network Admin” dashboard plugin’s page.
- Can I change the look & feel of the calendar to match my website design?
No, we have 24 different calendar themes available for you to select. You may select any one of them which blends with your website design.
- Can I have German as a language?
Yes we have 62 different languages spoken worldwide. So almost every language is included. For example, French, German, Hungarian, Chinese Traditional, Hindi, and many more. The calendar and the selected date will be displayed in the selected language, depends on the date format selected.
- While selecting the multiple days is there a range that we can set?
Yes, for the multiple days setup, you can set a range of dates that will be available for booking. These number of dates can be set in the “Number of Days to choose” field on the admin product page. These many number of dates will be available to the users to choose for Check-In / Start Date. For the Check-Out/ End Date there is currently no range. So that you can select up till any range of dates.
- Can I export the records of the bookings on the site to my local PC?
Yes, you can surely download all the bookings made on your site to your local computer. This can be done from the Booking>View Booking page which you will get from the left panel on the admin page, there above all the three tables, i.e. All Bookings, Today’s Check-Ins and Today’s Check-Outs, there are 4 ways to copy, i.e. Copy, CSV, Excel and PDF. You can even Print the records from the site itself.
- How does the widget work?
The widget is more useful for multiple days booking. The date range that you give in the widget’s check-in and check-out date will be checked for all the bookings done for those dates. If any product which are booked between those dates then, those products wont be visible on the click on search button. All the products which are available for those dates will be visible on the front end.
- When does the .ICS file gets send to the customer ? Would that file support any type of calendars?
For the .ICS file to be sent in the mail confirmation, the admin has to set up in the Booking>Settings page on the left panel on the admin page. Enable the “Send bookings as attachments (ICS files) in email notifications”and save the settings. The .ICS file will be send as an attachment to the customer’s mail confirmation and if the customer is using Gmail, there will be an event notification about the product bookings. Yes, the .ICS file is supported by applications like Google Calendar, iCalendar, etc.
- Can we make time slots for Multiple days booking?
No, time slots can not be made for multiple days booking. You can have time slots for Recurring or Specific dates booking method.
- How does the lockout feature work?
Lockout is used to block a product for a particular date after particular amount of bookings. For example, if Date Lockout is set as 2. And a product is booked for 15th Oct, 2013 twice. For next order for same product, 15th Oct, 2013 will not be available for booking. The date will be disabled and with a label “Booked”. If you are having time slots too, every time slot has its own lockout. You can set the lockouts for each time slot separately. The time slots will behave as per their lockout. For example, if there are 2 time slots each with lockout set as 1. So for a particular date those 2 time slots will be available for the first time booking for that product. After a product is booked with a time slot, that particular time slot will not be available for that particular date.
- Can the time slots be edited, once made?
No. The Time slots cannot be edited once made. One can always delete or add new time slots to the previous list. One can view or delete the time slots from the View/ Delete Date, Time Slot tab which is next to the Booking tab in every product page on the admin side.
- Can we choose the dates as per our need?
Yes, you can surely select the days as per your business’ need. If you are selecting “Recurring days” as your booking method, all the days are available with you to select whichever date is suitable for you. Hence you can select the days from all the 7 days of the week. If you are selecting “Specific Dates” as your booking method, you are made available with a text area wherein clicking inside the text area will give you a calendar. In the calendar you can select multiple days which will be available for booking. For deselecting the selected date click on the same date in the calendar and the date will be removed from the text area.
- Can we disable holidays as per our need?
Yes, you can select any date as per your need for holidays. Holidays / Blackout days can be set for every product. If there are some days which are to be disabled for every product, Enter those days in the Holiday section in the Booking>Settings section in the left panel on the admin side. Those Holidays will be excluded from the number of days to be available for booking.
- Can we book a product for gifting purpose?
Yes. We have a feature which enables you to book a product without any date or time slot. this can be done by enabling the feature “Purchase without choosing a date“. This feature will enable you to select a product from the shop page itself without any need of selecting any date or time slot.
- How to get fortnightly recurring bookings?
This cannot be done as of now, we have only weekly recurring facility. This can be done using Specific Dates.
- Can I change the date format and the time format ?
Yes. You can change the date format and the time format from the Booking> Setting from the left panel on the admin side. There are 16 different date formats and 2 time formats available from which you may choose any one of them which is suitable for you.
- Can I give a minimum days for booking a product as I need an advance notice before a product is booked?
Yes, you can give a minimum days interval. This can be done in the “Minimum Booking time (in days)”where you can set the value (in days). This will let the customer to select a date after the minimum days that you have entered. For example, if you need 1 day in advance notice for a booking, then you should enter 1 in this field.
- Why does my booking calendar not appear on the product page on my website?
To get the Booking calendar to be appear on the product page, the “Enable Booking Date” should be checked along with the desired booking method selected and the recurring weekdays/specific dates selected.
- Can I change the Labels of the Check-in and Check-out fields?
Yes, you can change the labels of all the fields such as Check-in and Check-out and Booking Time slots as per your need. The labels can be changed differently for product page, cart page and order received page. This settings can be set from the Booking Labels page which is next to the Global Booking settings page under Booking> Settings Page.
- I am not able to see the Time slots that I have made.Where am I going wrong?
While making the time slots, make sure you have selected the booking method and accordingly the days and then enable the “Enable Time Slot”. Make the time slots as per your need. You can add the number of time slots by clicking Add Time Slot button. You can also have open ended time slots. For example, from-time: 7:30 and no to-time.
- Can I have a setting where the quantity can be only set to one?
Yes, you can restrict the quantity to one, by enabling the product to be sold individually, this setting can be done from the admin product page under Product Data> Inventory section.
- I purchased the plugin before December 7th 2013 and I am having trouble locating my license key. Where can I find it?
You should first update the plugin to the latest version available from your Plugins page. Once you do that, you will find a license_key.txt file in your plugins folder “wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-booking”. That file contains the license key.
And if you have bought the plugin after December 7th 2013, then you will get your License key while you purchase the plugin. Also an email will be send after you purchase the plugin, that email will also consist the License key.
Note: Please kindly check your spam folder for the email as it sometimes gets sent to your spam folder instead of your inbox.
- Are the licenses valid for lifetime?
No, each license is valid for one calendar year from the date of your purchase. You can renew your license for another year at a rate of 50% of the plugin price and get an access to all the updates as well as our support for the plugin for one more year.
- What do I get with my license?
Your license grants you access to all of our support resources, documentation and product downloads for one calendar year from your purchase date.
- How much does it cost to renew my license?
You can quickly and easily renew your license at 50% of the plugin price.
- Will my plugins quit working if my license expires?
No way. If your license expires, your plugins will still work just fine unless something changes with the WordPress core itself. You just won’t have access to download the plugins, won’t receive product updates and won’t be able to access the incredible product support that we offer.
- I have installed and set the booking plugin without any problem. But when I try to preview the product on front end, the date picker is not available at all. Please help.
To get the settings applied on the product front end, the product needs to be published where the settings are made, if the product is in draft mode the settings made will not be visible on the front end. Once you publish the product, you will find the date picker and all the settings you have applied to the product.
- I have purchased your plugin for single store license and I am working on my development site. I am wondering if I can use the same license when I move my site to a whole new server/ domain? How does this work?
You can move the single-store license on your live site. Once done with the development, you need to deactivate the license from the development site & put that key on the live site. So the single-store license would work for development/live site.
- Can I upgrade from single store license to five or unlimited stores as well and just pay the difference?
You can upgrade from single store to 5 or unlimited licenses if you purchase within 60 days of purchasing the single site license.
- Is your plugin compatible with WPML as I wanted my site to be available in multiple languages.
The plugin is compatible with WPML. The support for WPML was added in version 1.6.5 onwards.
- I don’t see any booking fields after adding the product in the Add order page, how do I get the booking fields to enter the booking details?
After adding the product to the Order Items block, you will find an editing link image next to the totals field. Click on this link and you will find Add Meta button. Clicking on this Add Meta button will generate the booking fields.
- Why do I not see an update notification on my Plugins page even though I am not on the latest version?
If you have your license activated and still if you do not get any update notifications, you should try deactivating your license and activating it again, and check again if you find the update notifications. In this way you will get the update notification.
- I have a Variable type of product in my store which is having more than 40 variations. The Booking settings which I am having are not getting saved. Can you please help me so that the booking settings gets saved properly?
This could be happening if you have a large number of variations. WooCommerce allows only 40 variations for a product. If the product settings have more than 40 variations, the booking settings will not be saved. You need to increase the value of max_input_vars variable in php.ini file to a higher value like 1000 to 3000.