On Feb 28 2023, we released v5.19.0 of the Booking & Appointment plugin for WooCommerce. There were a number of enhancements added to it, 8 to be precise & about 11 bug fixes.
Show booking dates in dropdown
One notable feature that we added was the ability to show the available dates in a dropdown instead of in a calendar.
This feature has been asked by multiple customers in the past & we have also implemented this in our other plugin, Order Delivery Date Pro. So we knew that this is something the customers would use when the number of available dates are very limited.
In the Edit Product page, we have added an option in the “Booking” meta box, labelled “Show dates in dropdown?”:
When this option is enabled, the booking dates would appear in a dropdown on the frontend as shown below:
Automatically update booking status
Another change we have made is to change the status of the booking automatically when the order status is changed. Before this release, how it used to work is that the order status change would not have any impact on the status of the booking itself & every time the shop manager would need to change the booking status separately. The possible booking statuses are:
- Pending confirmation – Default status for “Requires confirmation” product bookings
- Confirmed – Default status for other product bookings
Below are the status changes that will now happen automatically for the booking statuses from v5.19.0:
Order status <> Booking status
Pending payment – Confirmed
Processing – Confirmed
Completed – Paid
The shop manager doesn’t need to manually update the booking statuses. They only need to set the order status & the booking statuses will be changed.
Apart from this, we have made some changes in the API & added a couple of filters as described below:
– The timeslot availability data can be fetched via Booking API.
– Allowed to create the booking for guest users via API.
– Data can be passed in the Booking API URL Parameters.
– Added filter to modify the attributes of events being displayed in the Calendar View.
– Added filter to not allow to modify the start date of the booking.
– Showing No. of Nights and the Per Night Price information on the Cart and Checkout pages.