In v5.2.0 of Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce we have introduced a new feature that allows you to integrate the plugin with Zoom. This integration will allow the creation of meetings in Zoom for all the bookings & appointments placed on your site.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others. It is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars.
Businesses which need Booking & Appointment with Zoom Integration
Some of the businesses where the Zoom integration can be helpful are Gym & Fitness, Yoga centers, Hospitals, Dental clinics, Nutrition & Wellness clinics, Event & Activity Organizers, Consultants & Professionals such as lawyers, accountants, designers, Online classes for education & coaching all will require bookings & appointments.
The integration of Booking plugin with Zoom allows users to give their customers a great video conferencing solution. This will also allow them to streamline and automate their sales activity from initial prospect to video call.
Let us see how you can setup the Zoom integration in the Booking plugin.
You can find this feature in Booking -> Settings -> Integrations -> Zoom Meetings as shown in below screenshot.
First, you need to connect your Zoom account by using the API Key & API Secret. You can obtain this from your Zoom account using the below instructions.
To find your API Key and API Secret do the following:
1. Sign in to your Zoom account.
2. Visit the Zoom App Marketplace.
3. Click on the Develop option in the dropdown on the top-right corner and select Build App.
4. A page with various app types will be displayed. Select JWT as the app type and click on Create.
5. After creating your app, fill out descriptive and contact information.
6. Go to App Credentials tab and look for the API Key and API Secret. Use them in the form below on this page.
7. Once you’ve copied over your API Key and Secret, go to Activation tab and make sure your app is activated.
These instructions are also available in the plugin as shown above.
After you have copied over your API Key and API Secret, go to Activation tab and make sure your App is activated.
Once you do this, you can save the above settings.
How to enable Zoom Integration at Product level
You can enable Zoom Integration on your site in two ways. One at Product level and second at Global level.
Let’s enable this feature at Product level.
In admin, go to Products -> All Products -> select any product and go to Edit page of that product.
On edit page of the product go to Booking Meta Box as shown in the below screenshot. Enable Booking setting, select Booking Type as per your product, then go to ‘Integrations’ tab.
After clicking on the ‘Integrations’ tab, two options can be seen as shown in the below screenshot. Click on Zoom Meetings and then Enable Zoom Meetings setting button. Also select the Host from the dropdown.
Once this is done, click the “Save Changes” button.
Most important, don’t miss out to UPDATE the changes done for the product as shown in below screenshot.
In this way you can Enable Zoom Integrations for each and every product on your store.
How to enable Zoom Integration for all products
Second way to enable Zoom Integrations for all the products on your store in one go is as follows:
In admin, go to Booking -> Settings -> Bulk Booking settings as shown in below screenshot:
As you can see in the above screenshot, select specific Bookable Products of your store from the dropdown on which you want to assign Zoom Integrations. If you select ‘All Products’ from the dropdown, then Zoom Integrations will be enabled to each and every product on your store whether they are Bookable Products or not.
Now ‘Enable Booking’ button, select the Booking Type of your product. We have selected ‘Date & Time’ option for Science Classes product with ‘Duration Based Time’. You can also select ‘Fixed Time’ option depending upon your product.
Zoom Integrations is more helpful for bookable products having ‘Duration Based Time’ or ‘Fixed Time’.
Once you are done with all other settings, go to ‘Integrations’ tab as shown in below screenshot.
Select ‘Zoom Meetings’, ‘Enable Zoom Meetings’ button as shown in above screenshot. Select Host and then click ‘Save Settings’ button. When you have saved all settings on global level, then ‘Enable Zoom Meetings’ button will be enabled automatically for all Bookable Products or for selected Products on Product level only if ‘Enable Booking’ button on product edit page is enabled as shown in the below screenshot. Otherwise the Products whose Enable Booking is disabled on Product Edit Page will not be assigned Zoom Integrations.
Create Zoom Meeting link for past orders with future booking dates
When you have updated to v5.2.0 of Booking & Appointment Plugin, and if you have received future orders say for next six months on your store, then you can assign Zoom Meetings link to all that orders manually.
Assuming that ‘Zoom Meetings’ tab on product level for product Science Classes is disabled and you have received three orders. Then Zoom Meetings icon will not be displayed on View Bookings page as shown in the below screenshot. “Join Meeting” link also will not be received in email to Admin as well as Customer.
Science classes bookings screenshot with zoom disabled
Steps to be followed to assign Zoom Meetings link manually:
- Go to ‘Science Classes’ products Edit page, Booking meta box, Integrations tab, click Zoom Meetings, Enable Zoom Meetings button, select Host and then select Save Changes button.
Science classes bookings screenshot with Zoom Meetings tab enabled
2. Also, Update all this changes as shown in below screenshot.
3. Now go to Bookings -> Settings -> Integrations -> Zoom meetings and then click “Assign Meeting to Bookings” button as shown in below screenshot.
4. After clicking on that button, “Settings saved” message and “Zoom meeting links are getting generated and assigned in the background for future bookings. This process may take a little while, so please be patient.” message will be shown on screen as shown in below screenshot. “Assign Meeting to Bookings” button will be hidden until the meeting links have been generated.
This process will happen in the background while you can continue with your admin operations & navigation.
5. Once the Zoom meeting links for past orders have been generated, you will get a message “Zoom meeting links have been generated and assigned to future bookings“. It’s shown in below screenshot in point 6. This means that all your orders with future booking dates (which were placed before Zoom integration was enabled for this product) will now have a meeting created for each order for that product.
6. Now if you go to Booking -> View Bookings page, all the past orders will have the Zoom Meeting created.
Following the above steps and procedure, Admin can manually create Zoom Meeting links to all the past orders having future booking dates.
How to notify Customers for manually created Zoom Meetings link
You can go to WooCommerce -> Orders -> Edit orders page as shown in below screenshot.
Right click on “Join Meeting” link, and click on Copy link address and paste that copied link in Add Note box. Select “Note to Customer” and then click on “ADD” button. An email will be sent to customer with the Zoom Meeting link in it.
An email will be sent to customer with Zoom Meetings link in it as shown in the below screenshot.
Let’s see where and how the admin and the customer can find this feature on frontend.
Whenever an order is placed, Customer and Admin will receive an email with all the order details. In that email, you can see the Zoom Meetings link as shown in below screenshot.
Customer will receive Zoom Meeting link in email as shown in below screenshot.
Admin will also receive Zoom Meeting link in email as shown in the below screenshot.
In the above screenshots product details block, the Join Meeting link can be seen.